by step

Language requirements

For the language in which you will study, minimum level B2 is required. You can find the list of language requirements of particular foreign universities  here (they can be stricter than min. B2).

Each student will be checked out for language requirements and his/her score will be included in the results of the selection process.

Language verification

If the vice-dean for studies approves your application, you can take the written test/answers. The written test will take place at the FEE language department, we will inform about the announced dates on our website in advance.

If you have a TOEFL, IELTS, CAE or FCE certificate, select this option in the application form and send a copy of your certificate to

If you have passed the English language exam at the FEE Language Department with 70% or more (starting from January / February 2022), select this option in your application and request a certificate from BcA. Michael Ynsua ( a confirmation specifying your level and forward this confirmation to

If you have taken the test in previous rounds, write to and ask for your results to be recognised for this round.

If you score 10 or more in the written English test, you have passed the language test.

If you score 9 points or more in the German written test, you have passed the language test.

Selected students applying to a foreign university requiring C1 level or above must also take an oral exam. For more information, contact your faculty coordinator or the International Office at the Rector's Office.

Bring to faculty coordinator certificate of the language knowledge. At the student’s request, these certificates should be issued by the relevant language department at the faculty. The certificate must be issued in the language in which the student will be studying in the host country and must specify the applicant’s level of language skills according to the European Framework of Reference for Languages.

It is important to find out if the official language knowledge is not required in the country where you are going to study.