non-EU countries

Once you confirm the university offered to you based on your selection results, it is necessary that we nominate you for a foreign university.

The fact that we choose you does not mean that you are 100% accepted.

The application procedure varies from university to university, so you will receive an email from programme coordinator Kateřina Bošková about the individual steps you need to take for your mobility.

Afterwards, there will be personal meetings, where you can meet colleagues who are selected for the same university and at the same time you may ask any question that you have about the mobility.

The nomination is sent about half a year before the mobility itself.

After the nomination, you will usually be contacted by the foreign university itself and they will sent you a link to the online application and more detailed information on what needs to be done.

Each foreign university has different application processes and methods. (online application, paper application, the need to send documents electronically/by post). It’s just different, but there’s nothing to worry about.

We have prepared information for each university that will help you with your application, and if you do not understand something, the easiest way is to ask.

For the vast majority of applications, you will be asked to provide a set of the following documents:

  1. Transcript of Records in ENG– this document will be issued to you by the study department
  2. Confirmation of Studies in ENG – this document will be issued to you by the study department
  3. Confirmation of Enrollment in ENG – this document will be issued to you by the study department
  4. Passport copy
  5. Bank Account Statement in ENG – it will be issued to you at your bank or we can replace it with a grant certificate that you receive from CTU.

Furthermore, your foreign university may also want your CV, cover letter or recommendation letter, but this only applies to a minimum of universities.

If you submit the documents and the application by the deadline, it is very likely that the foreign university will accept you and send you a Letter of Invitation as confirmation of acceptance.

Letter of Invitation is one of the most important documents you will need when applying for a visa.

As you have applied to study at one of the non-European universities, you will need to apply for a student visa before leaving.

You can find more detailed information on the websites of individual embassies.

For the vast majority of visas you will need to prepare:

  • Passport – must be a valid min. 6 months after returning to the Czech Republic
  • Bank statement
  • Visa application form
  • Letter of Invitation from a foreign university
  • Confirmation of health insurance
  • Confirmation of grant

In order to be able to pay you the grant, which is automatically awarded to you upon admission to a foreign university, it is necessary to sign a grant agreement.

You will need the following documents for the grant agreement:

  1. Learning Agreement confirmed by the vice-dean for study of your faculty – it is an agreement between you and the faculty that upon your return he/she will recognize the subjects you have in the learning agreement. If you happen to change your learning agreement after arriving at a foreign university, inform the vice-dean for study AS SOON AS POSSIBLE and make sure that he/she agrees with the changes.
  2. Confirmation of health insurance for the duration of your stay
  3. Confirmation of enrollment for the following semester

By signing the grant agreement, CTU undertakes to pay you min. CZK 10,000/month of your studies and you undertake to study abroad, represent CTU and upon your return to submit the documents necessary for the conclusion of the mobility.

After returning from abroad, one experiences a lot of new feelings and the last thing he/she thinks about are the documents he/she has to submit, terminating the mobility and moving on to the next semester. Of course, we understand that but we need those documents and you have to arrange your continuation of your studies here at CTU.

So what you have to submit upon your return:

  1. Confirmation of study period – this document will be confirmed to you at the foreign department before your return
  2. Transcript of Records (ToR) – transcript of records you gained at a foreign university – usually the university sends it by email or as an original to our department
  3. Recognition of foreign study – you fill in this document on the basis of ToR and you have it confirmed by the study department
  4. Study abroad report – information that will help your followers make decisions and prepare for the mobility