Study in Switzerland
step by

If you decide to study in Switzerland, you’ll find fantastic country, mountains and high quality schools. Find out how to apply and what to expect in this step by step section.

to apply

For those interested in studying in Switzerland, there is a separate selection process (Rector’s Office, FCE, FIT, FBI). Interested students can apply via the Mobility app.

1. round

First round of selection process for departure in WS and SS (the following academic year) takes place always during the autumn.

2. round

Selection process for placements that were not filled during the first round (for departure in WS and SS in spring for the following academic year) takes place usually in February.


If all placements have not been filled, selection process takes place usually in summer or in September.

for the selection process

If you want to study in German or English you must take written tests in these languages. If you take the test during the Erasmus+ study abroad selection process (or for non-European bilateral agreements), we will automatically recognize the result for Switzerland as well.

If you are applying only to study in Switzerland and you need to take the written test, contact our office, we will arrange a date and a place for the test.

Loader image

1.You have already taken the test at CTU (Erasmus or NBA) in previous rounds and you are applying for recognition of the result from the past.

2.You will prove your language skills with an internationally recognized certificate.

3.You will prove that you have successfully passed the language exam at the FEE language department (min. B2)

4.Students interested in studying in French must deliver the certificate of language knowledge from the language department – must be issued in French and must specify the applicant’s level of language skills according to the European Framework of Reference for Languages.


Check the website of the university you have been nominated to and see if the university has its own Application Form, Learning Agreement, application deadlines, special requirements (cover letter or letter of recommendation, certificate of language knowledge,…). At universities that provide accommodation for our students, make sure you carefully go through the information about the deadlines for sending accommodation applications and that you download the appropriate forms.

What to
fill out?

Application form according the requirements of the partner university.

You must prepare and have confirmed the Learning Agreement for the SEMP programme from the website of the partner school or the form LA-Switzerland-2020.

Follow this guide when preparing your Learning Agreement. The website of particular university, which should be continuously updated, will help you choose the subjects.

Learning agreement must be signed by the vice-dean for study at your faculty and then by the CTU institutional coordinator (at the Rector’s Office) or the faculty coordinator (according to the type of agreement). In case you will change LA during the mobility, it is always necessary to keep it updated (2021-LA-opravny-Svycarsko -) and uploaded in the card.

You will also immediately discuss with the faculty vice-dean for study how your studies will be recognized upon your return and how the credits for the subjects you have studied will be transfered. Based on this agreement, prepare a comparison spreadsheet (see below).

In case of working at bachelor, master or dissertation thesis, only the ‘bachelor work’, ‘diploma work’ or ‘dissertation work’ is entered in the LA form. Title of the thesis and brief description of the planned activities at the partner school (preferably in English) is stated in the separate attachment. Your supervisor will consent to your programme with his/her signature on a sheet with description of your work. The name and surname of the supervisor, the department and the contact of the supervisor is stated there as well.

Overview of study results at CTU – 1 original in English, you can obtain it at the study department of your faculty.

Please note that according to the Methodical Instruction for Confirmation of Learning Agreements for Study Abroad, the student is obliged to prepare so-called Comparison spreadsheet, where it will be clear which subjects of his curriculum at CTU and what credit evaluation will be recognized. After approval by the vice-dean for study, the student must submit a comparison spreadsheet to the International Office of CTU- Rector’s Office together with other documents that are sent to the partner university.

Send the complete documentation as instructed by the partner school to the foreign university.

After you return from Switzerland mobility, you will need to submit several documents.


Confirmation of study period
Document issued and confirmed by the partner university containing the accurate dates of the beginning and the end of your mobility. Submit it no later than 14 days after the end of the mobility.


Transcript of Records
Submit it no later than 10 days after the issue by the partner university;


Recognition of foreign study
Submit the document no later than 14 days after receiving the Transcript of Records.


Final report
Form at Submit it no later than 14 days after the end of the mobility.

All the above-mentioned documents must be scanned and uploaded into the card (no need for the original).


All forms, applications and other important documents