PhD mobility
step by

As a PhD student at CTU, you have an almost infinite range of options for where to go. Just make arrangements with your host university and you’re ready to go.


Once you’ve arranged your mobility, you can follow these instructions: applications are open throughout the year and do not need to be strictly based on the academic year


You will fill in the application form in the Mobility app. Then you go through the selection process with the vice dean for science and research. He/she will approve or reject your application. The foreign language test is not compulsory.


You will submit dissertation annotation in English with the consent of the supervisor at the home university/or the head of the department to the foreign university. You will then provide the home university with confirmation that the partner school accepts PhD student for this topic and period and that you have a foreign supervisor. There may also be an expressed consent on the dissertation annotation. You will also hand in all the necessary documents as for the Erasmus, e.g. Learning Agreement, but not Comparison spreadsheet. Then student card will be issued for you in the system, in which we will generate a financial agreement.


You will sign 2 copies of financial agreement at the Rector’s Office and you will upload the necessary documents into the student card.

In general, PhD mobility is very similar to Erasmus mobility (more info here). If you want to do your research at a university with which we do not have a bilateral agreement, it will be necessary to sign at least a mobility agreement. For more information and specifics of the mobility contact your faculty coordinator.


After your return, you will provide a Confirmation of study period that clearly states under what supervision you worked on the thesis, the content of the thesis, and the period when you worked on the thesis abroad. For inspiration you can look here.

You should write a report on your stay abroad within 14 days after the end of your stay. Students who will study abroad in the coming years and our International Office will be able to draw on your experience.

It is necessary to fill in two reports from the stay:

Each student will receive username and password for filling in the Czech report to their e-mail (listed as the student’s primary in the card). A new electronic form for study abroad reports is available at

EU Survey
It is a report in English on the European Commission’s website. Instructions for filling in the report (username and password) will be sent to each of the participants of the mobility on the day of the official end of the stay to their e-mail address listed as the primary in the student card in the database (email will come from and often falls into spam, look for it). If you can’t manage the 14-day period, because you don’t have the ToR yet, it doesn’t matter, try to fill in at least that part of the report without the recognition report.


All forms, applications and other important documents