The EU – Erasmus + programme offers the possibility of traineeships:
- duration of 2-12 months (CTU financial contribution is provided for 6 months of your stay),
- for students and doctoral students who have the status of a CTU student during the entire duration of the traineeship,
- for future CTU graduates, who must, however, apply and pass the selection process before graduating,
- trainees can be recruited by any public or private organization active in the labor market or in education, professional training, youth work, a non-profit organization, a public body at local, regional or national level, etc., i.e. almost any entity, company, with the exception of institutions managing EU programmes (list of ineligible organizations can be found here).
Basic information about the Erasmus+ programme – traineeships 2015-2021:
- Financial support will be provided exclusively for a traineeship in the host organization. It must be full-time work and the traineeship must be recognized as part of the study programme at the sending institution. The condition of recognition does not apply to future graduates.
- The programme is designed primarily for bachelor, master and doctoral students, regardless the form of study.
- Depending on the drawing down of funds, the programme is also intended for future graduates. Applicants must apply and be approved by the relevant vice-dean for pedagocical activities of the faculty before graduating!!!
- The Erasmus+ traineeship programme is not intended for financing activities related to thesis and dissertations (in these cases, choose Erasmus+ – study abroad).
- the potential candidate looks for the host organization by himself/herself in connection with his/her field of study.
- Destination countries: Belgium, Bulgaria, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Ireland, Iceland, Italy, Croatia, Cyprus, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Latvia, Luxembourg, Hungary, Malta, Germany, the Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Austria, Romania, Greece, Northern Macedonia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Serbia, Spain, Sweden, Turkey, United Kingdom.
- Minimum duration of traineeship is 2 months (month = 30 days, e.g. 1.10. – 30.11.2020).
- If you are planning a traineeship of a minimum duration over the Christmas period, check whether the host organization will really confirm this duration (during Christmas the Compaq operation is very often limited/closed).
- Therefore, we recommend that you end this type of traineeship before Christmas and not start, for example, on 14.12.2020..
- Maximum duration of traineeship is 12 months.
- Financial contribution from CTU will be provided for the first 6 months of the traineeship.
- You can also receive financial support from the host organization.
- If the traineeship will not be financially supported by the host organization, we recommend choosing the duration of 3-4 months for the beginning.
- You will then decide for yourself whether you want to extend it and use the maximum of six funded months from CTU (you will also have the opportunity to negotiate better financial conditions with the host organization).
- The traineeship must be completed by the end of the relevant academic year, e.g. by 30.9.2021 (i.e. the last possible departure in this case is 30.7.-30.9.2021).
- Graduates must complete the traineeship no later than one year after the graduation (i.e. graduating e.g. 30.6.2020, the traineeship must be completed by 29.6.2021).
- Applicants will be included in the programme until the funds are exhausted.
- The grant amount for 2021.
Payment of the grant – 80% before the traineeship start, if all requirements are met, 20% after the traineeship end and the handover of all final documents.
Important: traineeship during 2-12 months can be completed once in each cycle of study (ie in bachelor, master, doctoral), but the sum of months for Erasmus+ study abroad and Erasmus+ traineeship must not exceed a maximum of 12 months for the respective cycle of study. (also applies to future graduates).
E.g.: bachelor cycle – 6 months of study abroad + 3 months of traineeship, master cycle – 6 months of study abroad + 6 months of traineeship, doctoral cycle – 12 months of traineeship, future graduates – 6 months of study abroad within the master cycle + 3 months of traineeship after graduation…
Priority in the selection process will be given to:
- applicants without previous international experience,
- traineeships of 3 months or more,
- regular master students,
- traineeships taken in companies, firms, studios…, i.e. traineeships at universities will be given lower priority.
Contact: in case of any questions, please contact Ing. Jana Dudková
General information about the programme:
Information for potential applicants
- Finding a host organization is your own initiative. The grant can be awarded for an traineeship found in any way. The traineeship must be done in area related to your field of study at CTU.
- You can use your own contacts, internet, job offer below, database of host organizations, social networks, contacts of host organizations from the final reports of your colleagues, etc.
- Prepare the documents needed to find a suitable host organization, i.e. your CV, motivation letter, portfolio, all in English, or in the language of the country you are interested in.
- If you respond to the offer published by us, send the above documents to a contact address abroad. To keep the contacts, offers with an older date are also left in the list.
- Be aware that it takes a lot of patience, effort, and time, so start looking for a host organization in advance and don’t be discouraged by the initial failure.
- Once the host organization has been found, send there an Ex-ante form for confirmation, as it is an integral part to the application.
Database of host organizations in which traineeships were done in the past (including contacts). You can then find the individual reports in the “Traineeship reports” tab.
- Job Of¬fer Exchange plat¬form of LEO-NET
- Job offer Erasmus Intern
- Center for International Relations
- Civil engineering
- Mechanical engineering
- Electrical engineering
- Nuclear sciences and physical engineering
- Pinna Viardo Architects
- DA-MBG Architects
- WERKEMOTION – Design studio
- Transportation engineering
- Biomedical Engineering
- Information Technology
- Internships in Malta
- Internships in Portugal
- Westhouse Italy
- Institute Mobilno To Go
- International Business Research
- Internship in the UK – ESPA
- Training Experience C.B. – Spain
- Your International training (YIT)
- PLACEMENT OFFER IN INTERNATIONAL SERVICES – Finsko
- Marketing internship – Hellen-Design
- Aalto Science Institute
- Bucharest – work arrangement
- Instituto Hispánico de Murcia
Academic year 2020/2021
- FOR STUDENTS – 2nd round – until 20.11.2020 – until 23:59 (for traineeships starting no sooner than 11.01.2021 and ending no later than 30.09.2021).
- FOR STUDENTS – 1st round – extended until 31.08.2020 – until 23:59 (for traineeships starting in the period during 12.10. – 09.11.2020 and ending no later than 30.09.2021).
- FOR FUTURE GRADUATES – 3rd round – until 12.01.2021 – until 23:59 (for traineeships starting no sooner than 01.03.2021 and ending no later than 30.09.2021). Graduates who finish their studies in January-February 2021 can apply in this round. The date can be extended individually, depending on the date of your state exams/thesis defenses. In any case, you must apply and be approved by your vice-dean for pedagogical activities before graduating at CTU!
- FOR FUTURE GRADUATES – 2nd round – until 23.08.2020 – until 23:59 (for traineeships starting no sooner than 05.10.2020 and ending no later than 31.08.2021). Graduates who finish their studies in September 2020 can apply in this round. The date can be extended individually, depending on the date of your state exams/thesis defenses. In any case, you must apply and be approved by your vice-dean for pedagogical activities before graduating at CTU!
- FOR FUTURE GRADUATES – 1st round – until 31.05.2020 – until 23:59 (for traineeships starting in the period during 01.09. – 30.10.2020 and ending no later than 31.05.2021). Graduates who finish their studies in June-August 2020 can apply in this round. The date can be extended individually, depending on the date of your state exams/thesis defenses. In any case, you must apply and be approved by your vice-dean for pedagogical activities before graduating at CTU!
In case the funds are not exhausted, another date will be added.
- Consult the possibility of the traineeship first with your study officers, vice-deans for pedagogical/ science and research activities, so that your traineeship is in compliance with the study obligations.
- Finding a host organization is your own initiative, arrange the date and the length of the traineeship, the scope of work, possible financial contribution…
-Send the host organization an Ex-ante. form to fill it in. Due to the current situation, the Ex-ante form with a specific work plan and exact traineeship dates can be replaced by an e-mail from the company with their promise of acceptance when the situation allows it.
- Get a certificate of language skills – Mr. Robin Healey, arrange the testing in advance by phone or email. It is a 10 -15 minute oral interview.
- Apply for the selection process via the database (Login to the Mobility application -> Applications -> Applications -> Erasmus programme – traineeships -> Round).
- Ex-ante form, duly completed and signed by the host organization, and certificate of language skills must be uploaded into the database. Due to the current situation, the Ex-ante form with a specific work plan and exact traineeship dates can be replaced by an e-mail from the company with their promise of acceptance when the situation allows it.
- Send the duly completed application in the database by clicking “Submit” as per the announced deadlines.
2) The application will then be assessed by the relevant vice-deans.
3) All duly registered candidates will be informed by email about the results of the selection process and about the further process.
Contact: in case of any questions, please contact Ing. Jana Dudková
When I attach the necessary documents to the application and click “Submit”, I don’t have to hand in anything anywhere, right? Is it considered as duly sent application and then do I just wait for the results?
To view this page, you must be logged in using SSO-CTU.
You can log in here